And I’m happy about it. Adding to my marital happiness is the fact that I still want to have sex with my husband. Maybe not as frequently as he would like but my sexuality has definitely grown over the last ten years, not diminished.
Here are five things I’ve learned about sex in the last 10 years:
1. Sex, and marriage, gets better with time. My husband is the beneficiary of my increased confidence in bed and also in our relationship.
2. We’re a few years away from being empty nesters so we’ve started talking about our future plans. Plotting this next part of our lives together is a total turn-on for me. We could move to a different city, travel the world, or country, on a budget and just enjoy being together.
3. The pleasure is all mine. Masturbation plays a large role in my sexual satisfaction. Yes, coupling is important to me. But I can have both and everybody is happy.
4. Lube is a positive, and welcome, addition to our sexual accoutrements. I’m getting older, my body is changing and sometimes my vagina needs a little help.
5. Spontaneity is a good thing. Better than good. It’s a part of my strategy for keeping things fresh in my marriage and in my life.
Want more MiddleSexy delivered to your inbox? Sign up for our weekly newsletter “The Quickie”.